South Jersey Chess Club – Special Event
Thursday February 1st, 2018; 6 – 10:30 pm
A Lecture and Simul by Anand’s Coach Grandmaster Arun Prasad Subramanian.
GM Arun Prasad will analyze a few of Anand’s most famous games and focus on the following topics:
• What does it take to become the world champion?
• Insights from Team Anand’s preparation for the world championship match against contender GM Topolav. How the team impacted the match and Anand’s future play?
• What did Anand learn from his of his world championship rivals – Magnus Carlsen, Vladimir Kramnik, Vaselin Topalov, and Boris Gelfand?
• What Anand learned from his losses and how he used it to bounce back?
• Staying effective at the top: What is different between 2800 and 2700 players?
• How to choose the best path when analyzing 4 moves ahead.